Wednesday 26 June 2013

The Final Post Fom Egypt

June 26, 2013 ...  Good bye Egypt
I received a call from Ashraf, our driver, today expressing concern about the gas situation. He will still be here to pick us up tomorrow morning at 5:45 but the second car to hold all our luggage has been unable to get gas and he was still on the hunt to find someone else. On Sunday June 30th a planned protest will occur and because of this the powers that be have been limiting gas for cars and cutting electricity and water. I'm ready to get out. I'm feeling excited to return back to Canada and I hope to stay in touch with the friends I've met this year - it's been difficult to say good bye to them. Our experience here has been beyond anything I imagined it could be and I'm so grateful for it. Ma'salama Egypt       Sarah

Hard to believe that our ten months are now finished and it's back to Canada tomorrow. This has been a fantastic experience and I feel fortunate to have had this opportunity. We have seen, heard, touched, smelled and tasted an entirely new culture and our lives are enriched because of it. Yes, there have been frustrations but we didn't come here to find paradise. We came to experience life outside Canada and see how life operates in another part of the world. After all, "he not busy being born is busy dying."   Mike

Thank-you Egypt for giving me the opportunity of a lifetime! 
The year is over! 311 days of living in Egypt and tomorrow!!! Tomorrow I get to go home!! Some days I thought I'd never be able to say that!! But I've had a great year! Definitely one that I will NEVER forget!! I've met so many different people and many good friends (Maya Tadros, Donya Hashish, Mina Dbooni, Noelle Riad) I hope that we will keep in touch and someday I will get to see you guys again!! :)  Thank you to everyone for making my year as great as it was!! I feel very blessed to be able to say that I have had the chance live in a different country with a very different culture!! Even though Egypt and I have had our ups and downs, in the end I'm very glad that I agreed to coming on this adventure! Many memories and amazing trips that I'll never forget! Even if I try!!  Now it's time to go back to Canada and have one of the best summers ever!!!!!!! (Allie Kerr, Brianna Gorsline and many other people!!) :)               Becca
One last visit from our
building buddies

Gonna miss this face!


So cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment