Thursday 13 September 2012

Arabic Number Lesson



On the day that we moved into our apartment, a friend taught Becca and I how to read numbers using licence plates. Becca picked it up really quickly. The next day, we were cleaning the floors and Becca was shaking the dry mop out the window to get rid of some of the dirt and the mop head fell off. It was a fancy new mop. I sent her down to find it. It took her a few minutes to figure out how to get to the side of the building and when she got back to the lobby, the lobby door had closed, locking her out of the building.
I was just about to go downstairs to find her when the phone on the wall rang. I picked it up and said hello ... and Becca was on the other end. "Mom, I'm locked out". I didn't know how to open the door from the phone so I went down to let her in and asked her how she buzzed our phone. She showed me the panel on the wall. It's written entirely in Arabic. She knew our flat number and found it on the list. Mike and I were very impressed. I might have panicked in the same situation, but she didn't. She's AWESOME!

more to come ....

No comments:

Post a Comment