Monday 3 September 2012

Becca's 1st Day Of School at CISE


Becca came in the door at 3:50pm and said,“I have 5 new friends!” – music to a mother’s ears!


Becca was up and dressed early. She was excited about her first day of school in Egypt. The bus arrived at 7:15am. Good news – there was a cute boy on the bus! Anyone who knows Becca will know this started her day off on the right foot.
Becca sitting down in the 3rd window.
Cute Boy in the 4th window.
Here is my recollection of what she had to say about her day:
“The bus monitor showed me a girl on my bus that is in grade 10 too. I followed her. I met a girl with a long braid. I can’t remember her name. She was nice and turns out we were in the same science class together so we went to class. The teacher didn’t have my name on her list so I had to go see Mr. Frank with a bunch of other kids. We sat there for almost 2 full periods waiting for things to get sorted out. Finally it was my turn to see Miss Melanie (the principal). She gave me a hand written time table and I went to my Arabic class. I learned a few letters, got some homework to practice them and tomorrow there is a test. (so easy!) Yazmin (girl on my bus) is in that Arabic class. I walked to lunch with the girl with the long braid (I really need to find out her name tomorrow) and met another friend there named Clara. We ate lunch at the lockers instead of in the cafeteria – I got a locker! They are very small. Only a third of the size of my locker at NCC. Hardly anyone at this school uses a locker. After lunch was history and we walked there together because we are all in the same class. There’s a cute boy who sits close to me in history! After history was art. The other kids can draw really well – I’m jealous. The teacher did use my drawing as an example because I was the only one who did it right. That felt good. All the teachers knew I was Mr. Mike’s step daughter. That was nice. The bus ride home was probably my favourite because I sat with Yazmin and we talked the whole way home. I talked to the cute boy too. (must get his name tomorrow) He thinks I sound like I’m from Texas. LOL  … When I got home, Yazmin sent me a text message that said if I needed anything to just ask her.”  

Mr Mike had a pretty good day too; nothing too noteworthy to speak of. Which I think is a very good thing. No news is good news.  

No comments:

Post a Comment